Peach Pie Bites
Ingredients: Yields 13 Bites
- Combine flour, salt and sugar; mix well. Slice shortening into tablespoon sized pieces and add to the dry mixture. Using a dough cutter, combine until coarse and crumbly.
- Add cold water and stir until a dough ball forms. Form into a disc, cover in plastic wrap, and chill for at least 1 hour.
- While dough is chilling: peel and slice fresh peaches into 1/2 inch chunks.
- In a saucepan, combine peaches, sugar, flour, lemon juice, and cinnamon. Cook on medium until it thickens, then stir in vanilla. Remove from heat.
- Roll out chilled pie dough 1/8-1/4 inch thick. Cut bottoms and tops with circular cookie or biscuit cutter (We used a fluted 2 3/4 inch biscuit cutter). Place on cookie sheet lined with parchment or silicone baking mat.
- Place 1 Tablespoon of cooked pie filling (or quantity that makes sense with the size of your cutter) in the center of the dough.
- Cover with top piece of dough (hint: roll tops out a bit further than bottoms to stretch over filling). Press down on outsides of dough to seal well. Use fork to crimp edges.
- Using a knife, cut a small plus sign in the top crust for venting.
- While pies are baking, mix powdered sugar and milk together until well combined.
Cook Time & Temperature:
- Bake 20 minutes at 375 degrees F.
- Remove from baking sheet and heavily glaze the top of the pie while hot. Let cool to set the glaze.