Overnight Danish Braid
Ingredients: Yields 4
- Cut butter into flour and salt in a large mixing bowl with a pastry cutter until mixture resembles cornmeal.
- Add eggs, yeast dissolved in 1/4 cup water, 3/4 cup water and sugar.
- Mix by hand until dough is well mixed. (Batter may be sticky)
- Refrigerate, covered for 5-6 hours or overnight.
- Bring dough to room temperature, about an hour.
- Divide dough into four parts. Roll each part into 12x9 in rectangle (like thin cinnamon roll) on floured surface.
- Prepare filling by combining ingredients until well mixed. Using 1/2 cup filling per braid, spread in a 3 in strip down center of each rectangle. With kitchen shears, cut sides toward center in strips 3 in long and 1 inch wide. Fold strips over filling, alternating from side to side.
- Place on a greased cookie sheet and let rise until double.
Cook Time & Temperature:
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 20-25 minutes.
- Carefully remove to wire rack. Cool slightly, top with glaze made by mixing ingredients until smooth. Can be frozen!