- In mixing bowl combine 2 cups flour, the yeast, and salt. Add warm water.
- Beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Stir in enough remaining flour to make a soft dough.
- Turn dough out onto lightly floured surface. Knead dough.
- Shape into ball and place in greased bowl. Cover and let rise for 1 hour or until doubled.
- Punch down dough. Divide in half, cover, and let rest 10 minutes.
- Roll each half into 15 x 10 inch rectangle; roll up starting with broad side. Pinch edge to seal.
- Place on greased baking sheet.
- Combine egg white and water. Brush over loaves.
- Sesame seed or poppy seed can be sprinkled over top of loaves (optional)
- Cover, let rise 35-45 minutes. With sharp knife, make 3-4 diagonal cuts about 1/4 inch deep across tops of loaves.
Cook Time & Temperature:
- Bake in 375°F oven for 20 minutes.
- Brush again with egg white glaze and continue to bake 15-20 minutes more.