- In a medium bowl combine flour, powdered sugar, baking powder and salt.
- In a separate bowl, cream together butter and granulated sugar until fluffy.
- Add eggs and vanilla to the butter mixture. Beat until well mixed.
- Slowly add in dry ingredients until fully combined.
- Divide dough in half and form into two disc shapes. Wrap in plastic.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours (overnight is even better).
- Lightly flour your surface. Roll out to desired thickness and cut with shaped cookie cutter. (Thinner cookies will be crisp, while thicker cookies will be soft and chewy.)
- Bake on lighter colored baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
Cook Time & Temperature:
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 10-11 minutes. Watch them carefully and pull out just prior the sides browning. Remove from pan and place on cooling rack or sheet of foil.
- Let cool completely before frosting.