- In a medium bowl, combine yeast, water and half of the sugar (1/8 cup). Let sit 15 minutes or until foamy.
- While yeast is activating, in a large bowl combing remaining sugar (1/8 cup), non-fat dry milk, and salt.
- Pour yeast mixture into large bowl and stir.
- Add 4 cups of the flour and stir.
- Start to knead, and slowly add additional 1/2 cup of flour until dough is soft and not sticky. (Additional flour can be added if needed.)
- Place in a greased bowl and turn once to coat top. Cover and let raise for 45 minutes or until doubled in size.
- Punch down dough and let rest for 5 minutes.
- Divide dough in half, and working with the first half, roll out thin into a large circle.
- Spread a thin layer of softened butter over the circle.
- Using a pizza cutter or sharp knife, slice the circle into wedges.
- Starting from the outside of the circle, tightly roll the dough towards the center. Tuck and seal the point under the roll. Repeat for each wedge.
- Place rolls on a lightly greased cookie sheet.
- Cover and let raise 20-30 minutes.
Cook Time & Temperature:
- Bake at 375°F oven for 12-15 minutes.
- Optional: Brush tops with melted butter.