- In a small bowl, combine water, sugar and yeast. Set aside for 10 minutes, until foamy.
- While yeast is activating, heat milk in the microwave for 2 minutes and set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, combine oil, salt, 1/3 cup sugar, and milk. Stir in the yeast mixture.
- Slowly add the flour until dough is soft and not sticky. Knead for 5 minutes.
- Place dough in a greased bowl and cover. Let raise in a warm place for 45 minutes or until doubled in size.
- While dough is raising, whip the filling ingredients together until they resemble a crumbly paste.
- Roll out dough into rectangle, approximately 12 inches by 16 inches.
- Spread the cinnamon filling evenly over the dough. Leave 1/2 inch on one of the long sides without filling, so that it can seal well.
- Starting with the other long side, start tightly rolling the dough. As you approach the long side without filling, pull it up and pinch/seal it well.
- Using a serrated knife or string, cut 12 even sections (approximately 1.25 inches wide).
- Carefully transfer each section to a well greased 9x13 pan in a 3x4 configuration.
- Cover and let raise for 30 minutes.
Cook Time & Temperature:
- Bake at 375°F for 20-25 minutes.
- While baking, beat softened butter and vanilla together until light and airy. Add powdered sugar and beat until well combined. Slowly add milk until desired thickness is achieved.
- Let cool for 15 minutes before frosting.