Cinnamon & Sugar Knots
Ingredients: Yields 12 large knots
- In a small bowl, combine yeast, water and sugar. Let sit for 5 minutes to activate the yeast.
- While yeast is activating, in a large bowl combine egg, oil and salt.
- Pour yeast mixture into the large bowl and stir.
- Gradually add the flour until a soft dough is formed that is tacky but not sticky. (Slightly more or less than 3 cups of flour may be required.)
- Knead for 2-3 minutes, then place in a greased bowl and cover.
- Let raise for 30 minutes.
- When the dough is almost finished raising, melt the butter for the coating. In a separate bowl from the butter, mix the cinnamon, brown sugar and granulated sugar.
- Divide dough into 12 equal parts.
- Working with 1 part at a time, roll the dough into a rope, about 8 inches long.
- Dip the rope into melted butter, then dip into the sugar/cinnamon mixture, coating heavily.
- Form a loose knot with the rope, then tuck the ends over and into the center (see image).
- Place on a baking sheet prepared with parchment paper, or lightly greased.
- Cover and let raise for 30 minutes.
Cook Time & Temperature:
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 20-22 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- While cooling, melt the butter for the drizzle and mix it with the powdered sugar. Add milk in small increments until desired consistency is achieve (similar to honey).
- Drizzle the frosting over the top while still warm and serve.
Dip in butter, then sprinkle with garlic salt.
Dip in butter, then sprinkle with everything bagel seasoning
Brush with butter and serve as a dinner roll.