Chocolate Cream Cookie a.k.a- homemade Oreo's
- COOKIE: Cream together butter, granulated sugar, and salt until fluffy.
- Beat in eggs one at a time until fully mixed in.
- In a separate bowl, stir flour, cocoa, and baking soda together until well blended.
- Gradually add flour mixture to the wet ingredients and continue to beat with mixers until fully combined.
- Form the dough into a disc shape and cover with plastic wrap.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- FROSTING: While dough is cooling, beat shortening, powdered sugar, vanilla and salt together until light and fluffy. Add cold water in very small amounts until desired thickness is achieved.
- Once dough had chilled divide into 3 parts and put 2 parts back into the fridge to stay cool while rolling out the first batch.
- Place dough between two sheets of parchment paper.
- Roll out dough to a very thin layer- around 1/8 inch thick. (A thin, crisp cookie tastes more like an Oreo!)
- Use a round cookie cutter or small glass to cut out cookies and place on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper or a silicon baking mat.
Cook Time & Temperature:
- Bake at 325 for 15 minutes. Let cool completely.
- Place generous amount of filling on a cookie and sandwich together.