- Dissolve yeast in warm water. Add melted shortening, sugar, eggs, salt, flavoring, and 2 cups flour; mix well.
- Gradually add enough of the remaining flour to make a soft dough. Knead 8-10 minutes. Place in greased bowl, turn to coat surface. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Cook filling ingredients together until thickened. Cool.
- Divide dough in half. Roll each into a rectangle. Spread with margarine or butter. Sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon. Spread with a light layer of filling and roll up jelly-roll fashion.
- Place roll on greased baking sheet or cake pan. Cut several places on top. Cover and let rise until almost double in size.
Cook Time & Temperature:
- Bake at 350°F for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Frost or drizzle with a confectioners' sugar glaze.