100% Whole Wheat Rolls
Ingredients: Yields 20 large dinner rolls
- In a small bowl, combine the yeast, water and granulated sugar. Set aside for 10 minutes.
- While yeast is activating, pour milk into a microwave safe bowl and microwave for 2 minutes.
- In a large bowl combine oil, brown sugar, eggs, and salt. Whisk until fully combined.
- Add milk and yeast mixture to the large bowl and stir well.
- Gradually add 5 cups of flour to the mixture. Add additional flour 1/4 cup at a time until dough is soft and not overly sticky.
- Knead for 5-7 minutes.
- Place in a greased bowl and turn once to coat top. Cover with plastic wrap or a light towel and let raise for 60 minutes in a warm location.
- Punch down dough, cover and let rest for 5 minutes.
- Divide dough into 20 equal portions. (If you have a kitchen scale, weighing all of the dough, then dividing by 20 is an easy way to make each dough-ball the same size.)
- Roll each piece of dough into a ball and place into a greased 9x13 pan (4 across and 5 down)
- Cover and let raise 45 minutes.
Cook Time & Temperature:
- Bake at 350 F for 20-22 minutes.
- Optional, but recommended! Brush tops with melted butter as soon as they come out of the oven.