- Sift flour with salt and cut in shortening with a pastry blender until mixture resembles coarse cornmeal.
- Quickly sprinkle ice water over all of pastry mixture, tossing until just moist enough to hold together. Roll out for the crusts.
- Combine sugar and cornstarch; mix with strawberries and rhubarb.
- Pour in crust. Dot with butter.
- Position top crust, flute edges, vent top.
- Lightly brush the glaze over the top crust.
Cook Time & Temperature:
- Bake at 400°F 10 minutes, then 375°F 40 minutes.