- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F and lightly grease a 15.5 x 10.5 jelly roll pan.
- Cream sugar, butter and shortening together until well mixed.
- Add in eggs and vanilla and beat until blended.
- Slowly beat in flour and baking powder until fully combined.
- Pour the batter into the pan and spread evenly.
- Spoon the cherry pie filling across the batter, and swirl in with a knife.
- Bake for 45 minutes.
- While cooling, combine the ingredients for the glaze and mix well with a fork.
- After cooling, but while still warm, drizzle the glaze over the top.