- Combine flour with salt; cut in shortening with a pastry blender until mixture resembles
coarse cornmeal. Quickly sprinkle ice water over all of pastry mixture, tossing until just
moist enough to hold together. Roll out for crusts.
- Cook cherries, sugar, tapioca, and cornstarch until thick. Stir in the almond extract and
vanilla. Pour hot mixture into 9 inch crust.
- Cover with lattice strips or top crust. Flute edges and vent.
- Brush with milk and sprinkle on 1 tablespoon sugar.
Cook Time & Temperature:
- Bake 30 minutes at 350°F.